1. —Haze(雾霾) has been a serious problem in our city in the past few months.
—I agree. And the situation will be worse ifnothing ______ to fight pollution in the future.
A. has done
C. will be done
2. —The job seems to behard.
—So it does. I have made up my mind ______ it.
A. to take
B. to taking
3. It is nice _____ your mother ____ so much nicefood for us.
A. for; cooking
C. for; to cook
D. of;to cook
4. —Kitty, what do youthink of ______ film The Wandering Earth in which Wu Jing plays the lead role?
—Pretty good. I've never seen ______ better one.
A. a; a
B. the; 不填
5. If you are ______, British people usually say “Excuseme” or are polite to wait till you move.
A. on the way
B. bythe way
C. in this way
D. inthe way
6. Lily's mother is too busy ______ housework ______her with her homework.
A. to do; helping
C. to do; to help
D. doing; to help
7. If we don't take action right now, naturalresources will ______ sooner or later.
A. run out
B. turn out
C. put out
8. At last the boy was made ______ and began tolaugh.
A. stop crying
B. toto stop to cry
C. to stop crying
D. stopto cry
9. —When did the classroomhave a power cut?
—This morning, while we ______ a physics lesson.
A. have had
C. are having
10. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep yourbalance, you ______ keep moving.
11. —Look! Students fromChongqing are learning about a rocket.
—The rocket ______ artificial precipitation (人工降雨).
A. used to create
B. isused to creating
C. is used to create
D.used for creating
12. —Tina, have you triedmom's cookies?
—Yes. They ______ perfect!
13. With the help of that machine, we can do the workwith ______ money and ______ people.
A. less; fewer
C. fewer; fewer
14. —I almost missed theschool bus this morning.
—Why didn't you start out early ______ you didn't have to hurry?
A. so that
D. even though
15. —Why do you like readingso much?
—Because it's ______good for me to open my mind.
16. Shanghai is one of ______ in the world.
A. more big city
B. thebiggest city
C. the biggest cities
D.the most big city
17. —Where ______ you ______,Mike?
—To the amusement park with my parents. I had a good time this day.
A. have; been
B. have; gone
C. are; going
18. At home, electricity seems to be ______ thanwater in some ways.
A. much dangerous
B. a littledangerous
C. much more dangerous
19. Could you tell me ______ yesterday afternoon?
A. when the school sports meeting ended
B. when did the school sports meeting end
C. when the school sports meeting ends
D. when does the school sports meeting end
20. ______ fun it is to fly a kite on a windy day!Let's go right now.
A. How a
B. What a
A teacher was giving a talk to his students on stress (压力)management. He raised a glass of water and asked them, “How 1 do you think this glass of water is?” Thestudents began to think and 2 . Their answers are different, from 20gto 500g.
“It does not matter on the real 3 .It depends on how long you hold it. If I hold it for a 4 it is OK. If I hold it for an hour, I willhave an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you will have to call a 5 .It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. Whatwe have to do is to put the glass down, 6 for a while before holding it up again.”
“If we carry our burdens (负担) 7 sooner or later, we will not be able to carryon. The burden will become increasingly heavier. We have to 8 the burden every now and then, so that we canbe refreshed and are able to carry on.” So 9 you return home from work tonight, put theburden of work down. Don't carry it back home. You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you have, let them down for a moment if you can. Andlearn to 10 ourselves.
Life is short but amazing. Enjoy it!
1. A. heavy B. full C. much D.long
2. A. read B. watch C. guess D.listen
3. A. glass B. weight C. water D.height
4. A. minute B. night C. day D.week
5. A. mother B. teacher C. doctor D.friend
6. A. rest B. shake C. look D.work
7. A. this time B. some other time C. next time D. all the time
8. A. give up B. put down C. pick up D.think about
9. A. after B. since C. before D.until
10. A. save B. help C. care D.relax
The next time you look up at the sky and see a cloud that looks likeMickey Mouse or your favorite fruit，look again. It may not be a cloud，but a Flogo—a logo that flies. It'sa new form of advertising in the sky that's never been used before. It's adifferent way to market your products, logos, and events.
These funny logos are made with soap bubbles (肥皂泡) mixedwith a little helium gas (氦气), which makes them lighter than air and float inthe sky. Special machines are used to make these new funny Flogos. The machine,which can be rented for $ 2,500 a day, can make a Flogo every 15-25 seconds.
Flogos can fly much higher or lower if needed. They can last from a fewminutes to an hour anywhere in the sky, depending on the weather conditions. Thoughthey can fly up to 20,000 feet, they usually float around at 300-500 feet. Flogosare only white now, but people hope to have more colorful Flogos in the nearfuture.
Flogos are Green, 100% environmentally safe, because the soap used tomake the Flogo comes from plants and leaves. So this fun way of advertising ishealthy and good for the environment.
1. Flogos are mainly used to ______.
A. advertise in the sky
B. make funny bubbles
C. improve weather conditions
D. see colorful clouds
2. Why are Flogos healthy and good for theenvironment?
A. Because they can float high and last for along time in the sky.
B. Because there is a little helium gas mixedwith soap bubbles.
C. Because the machines used to make them arespecial and expensive.
D. Because the soap used to make them comes fromplants and leaves.
3. From the passage，we can infer that Flogos ______.
A. can fly for hours in the sky all day
B. can have different colors at present
C. may be influenced by the weather
D. may be the cheapest way ofadvertising
4. Which of the following can be the best title ofthe passage?
A. Machines—Used for Flogos!
B.Flogos—Logos that fly!
C. Advertising—Made of Fruits!
D.Clouds—Like Mickey Mouse!
Welcome tothe Painting Competition for Woodlands Students
The International Anti-Drug (禁毒) Day this year is coming soon. In order to raiseteenagers awareness (意识) to fight against drug taking, the City Art Council is going to hold apainting competition for the students in our city.
Students who want to take part in the competition can hand in their own2D paintings in either of the following two ways:
★Each school will be provided with a box for students toput in their paintings. Boxes will be picked up by the City Art Council onThursday, July 23rd, 2016, before the end of the school day.
★Paintings can be also handed in on Friday, July 24th,from 8:00 am to 10:00 am at the Woodlands Art Hall (175 Riverside Street).
All paintings are required to be, 60cm wide by, 80cm long, or smaller. Largersizes will not be accept. Each student can only hand in one painting.
The final decision on the competition results will be made on June 26th,the Anti-Drug Day. The name list of the winners will be made known on thewebsite of the City Art Council on the same day. All winning paintings will beshown to the public at the City Youth Park from June 27th till the end of July.
Prize: 1st Prize (10 students) ＝﹩300 Gift Card each.
2ndPrize (20 students) ＝﹩200 Gift Card each.
3rdPrize (30 students) ＝﹩100 Gift Card each.
For further information:
Visit http://www.woodlandsartcouncil.orgOr call 2569-8632.
1. Students in woodland can take part in ______ heldby the City Art Council.
A. a pop music concert
B. a singing competition
C. a painting competition
D. a name-signing activity
2. The main purpose of this competition is ______.
A. to teach the teenagers some painting skills
B. to tell the teenagers to walk away from drugs
C. to provide the teenager with some artknowledge
D. To introduce the history of the Anti-Drug Dayto the teenagers．
3. The size of the paintings like ______ will NOT beaccepted.
A. 40cm wide by 60cm long
B. 50cm wide by 70cm long
C. 60cm wide by 80cm long
D. 80cm wide by 100cm long
4. The public can enjoy the winning paintings______.
A. at the City Youth Park
B. at the City Art Council
C. at 175Riverside Street
D. at the Woodlands Art Hall
5. Which of the following is true according to thepassage?
A. Students must put their paintings in theschool box on June 24th.
B. Each student can take part in the competitionwith one 3D painting.
C. Students can get more information about thecompetition in two ways.
D. Each of the second prize winners in thecompetition will get 300dollars.
Most people buy lots of presents just before Christmas. But some peoplethink we buy too much. They start a special day (1) ____________ “Buy Nothing Day.” They don't want anyone to go (2) ____________ on thatday. Buy Nothing Day is on November 29. It is (3) ____________ Thanksgiving.Often, before Christmas we see many ads. in (4) ____________ and on TV (5) ____________us to “buy, buy, buy!” The idea for Buy Nothing Day (6) ____________ inVancouver, Canada. Now people all over the (7) ____________ celebrate BuyNothing Day. In California, the US, (8) ____________ and children get (9) ____________to read stories, sing songs and draw pictures. The children talk about (10) ____________they can't get many toys.
B: Yes, please. I'd like to book two rooms for the coming weekend.
A: (2) ________________
B: Double room.
A: (3) ________________
B: From Friday to Saturday.
A: Right. Two double rooms for Friday and Saturday, July 1st and2nd.
B: (4) ________________
A: Well, it's 400 yuan per night, with breakfast.
B: I see. Can I book the rooms now, please?
A: Certainly. (5) ________________
B: Yes, I'm Rick Smith, and my phone number is 15139027137.
John always __________ __________ __________ thecomputer after using it.
She __________ __________ while we __________ __________ yesterday.
The windows of the classroom __________ __________ by students every week.
1. 参考词汇：awareness 意识；mass media 大众媒体；responsibility责任感；obey 遵守
2. 词数 80 左右（文章的题目和开头已给出，不计入词数）。
Drunken driving is a hot topic that people concern about in our society.___________________________________________________________
|高三： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 物理｜ 化学｜ 地理｜ 生物｜ 历史｜ 思想政治｜ 信息技术｜ 初三： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 物理｜ 化学｜ 历史｜ 道德与法制|
|高二： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 物理｜ 化学｜ 地理｜ 生物｜ 历史｜ 思想政治｜ 信息技术｜ 初二： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 物理｜ 地理｜ 生物｜ 历史｜ 道法|
|高一： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 物理｜ 化学｜ 地理｜ 生物｜ 历史｜ 思想政治｜ 信息技术｜ 初一： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 物理｜ 地理｜ 生物｜ 历史｜ 道法|
|小学： 语文｜ 数学｜ 英语｜ 道德与法制｜ 科学｜ 试题： 小学｜ 初中｜ 中考｜ 高中｜ 高考｜ 作文： 小学｜ 初中｜ 高中｜ 满分｜ 技巧｜素材｜英汉词典|
|高校： 985/211｜ 各省市｜ 港澳台｜ 国外｜ 排名｜ 中考专辑｜ 高考专辑｜ 各省中学｜ 职业考试： 从业资格｜ 技术技能｜ 艺术等级｜ 公务员｜ 百年党史|
|课外： 教育动态｜ 教育法规｜ 老师榜｜ 家长帮｜ 学生派｜ 安全说｜ 古诗古文｜ 世界名著｜ 近代文学｜ 寓言故事｜ 格言名句｜ 阅读技巧｜ 在线许愿祝福|